Parent Volunteers are viewed as a huge asset to CIJS and an integral part of the Reggio philosophy and the success of the school. The following are ways parents/guardians can participate:
- Families are required to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours per school year. Parents/guardians who have more than one child are required to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours. Some opportunities may include but are not limited to classroom help, organizing the recycling center, fundraisers, PTO, lunch, front office support, media center operations, school events, tutoring, mentoring, marketing, building items (handy man/woman) for the school or any other way the family and school agrees that they can contribute to the school community. Feel free to suggest any other forms of volunteer services that may be mutually beneficial.
- The volunteer commitment must be fulfilled by June 30 (at the end) each school year. Families that do not comply with this policy are subject to sanctions up to and including unenrollment for the following academic year, beginning July 1. For example, in the 2022/2023 school year, the commitment should be fulfilled by June 30, 2023. Under this example unenrollment could take place beginning July 1, 2023 for the following school year of 2023/2024.
Please note the following:
- If your volunteer method includes on-campus assistance during school hours and/or interactions with students, you will be required to have a background screening. All parents must be registered in order to volunteer on the campus. The application must be completed annually. Please see the office for details.
- CIJS is grateful for volunteers. However, in an effort to give our teachers the opportunity to get to know their students and establish routines, we cannot permit parent volunteers in the classrooms at the beginning of the year.
- Parents who are unable to volunteer can get family members to help, which will count towards your families required hours.
CIJS uses the Osceola County Public School Oasis program. Please click the link below to become a volunteer. Upon clearance from the district, we will contact you and schedule volunteer activities.
Log your volunteer hours on this link. Complete the form….. LOG My Hours Link
PARENTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO VOLUNTEER are permitted to allow family members to contribute which counts towards your required hours. For those who prefer to volunteer from home, you can choose projects based on your interests. The following are a couple of examples:
- If the parent likes to sew, you can offer to have them make curtains for classroom windows. This will count towards your volunteer hours.
- If a parent likes to build, you can offer to make light tables, shelves, tables for the classrooms etc.
Other examples of ways to earn volunteer hours:
- Join the PTO
- Join the Ambassadors Club (earn hours from the comfort of your own home while promoting CIJS via social media)
- Help in the kitchen
- Help in the library
- Volunteer at events
- Build items
- Help with the agriculture program
Ask us how you can help!! charterschool@CIJSstcloud.org