|Contract Term: 10 months per year
Supervisor: Principal and Management (IPS), Other: Pedagogical Instructor
CIJS is an innovative project-based tuition free public charter school. We focus on teaching children self-discipline, and all of our strategies are aimed to ensure that children learn emotional self-regulation. We incorporate mindfulness techniques as a major part of our disciplinary strategies.
We are looking for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, while working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement creative project-based activities in a supportive environment.
Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible, reliable and pride themselves on excellence, putting education and development of students first, while promoting a positive learning environment.
You will be joining a team of educators who are passionate about preparing students for higher education, through the use of interdisciplinary, project-based, hands on learning. Our curriculum is inspired by the world-renowned Reggio Emilia curriculum; knowledge and experience using Reggio is a plus and will be given preference
- Assist with ensuring curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices are in place in the classroom
- Collaborate with colleagues and students to co-create lessons and projects.
- Engage in careful observation and continuous active listening to determine student intent
- Assist with incorporate daily mindfulness practices and exercises
- Assist with differentiated instruction through creative activities
- Create a classroom environment that promotes critical thinking skills
- Assist with assessing through innovative methods, including anecdotal observations, finished products, photographs, and written dialogue
- Assist with documenting data to drive instruction
- Assist with keeping accurate records required by Florida statutes, regulations and school board policy
- Assist with preparing individual student achievement reports
- Establish and maintain good communication with parents
- Implement school policies and procedures required to uphold school regulations
- Assist with establishing classroom routines
- Assist with preparing a safe environment that is orderly, clean, aesthetically appealing and allows student discovery
- Promote mutual respect between students and teachers and interact with students
- Use appropriate school wide positive discipline plans.
- Participate in staff development and training
- Keep administration informed of goals and developments with parents, staff, and students
- Implement and follow school board and school based policies and procedures
- Accept and incorporate feedback and instruction from Principal, Managers, and Pedagogical Instructor
- Collaborate with colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal and/or Managers
- High School Diploma
- Desire to learn a new type of curriculum and willingness to integrate creativity
- Fingerprint clearance
- 45 DCF or working towards (VPK assistant only)
The information contained in this job description is not meant to be a comprehensive list. Additional duties may be required. This organization reserves the right to review and change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. CIJS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, ancestry, creed, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, age or any other legally protected characteristic.